Select Page

System solutions for Water treatment plants Göttingen

industrial measurement technology, UV and ozone technology for water treatment

Water treatment ambulatory clinics Shop

Are you looking for solutions for safe instruments and medical devices?

Visit our new shop!

NeoTecMaster® Multicontroller Concept

The NeoTecMaster® Multicontroller concept is a basic building block for any water treatment plant.

Technical highlights

  • Available as 4 or 8 channel system
  • Modular concept for signal inputs (Modbus-RTU, 4-20 mA or RS232)
  • Software architecture for integration of Testomat EVO, Testomat 2000, Testomat LAB, Testomat 808, Testomat 808 SiO2 and Neomeris Select already available
  • Ethernet interface for network integration
  • Visualization of status messages and measured values via web interface

Handheld measuring devices from Horiba as exclusive case solution

The pocket testers are suitable for the measurement of industrial waste water, drinking water as well as products from the food and beverage industry and the agricultural sector


  • Fast analysis of measurement parameters on site
  • Easy and uncomplicated handling
  • High-quality sensor technology
  • Broad product portfolio for use in different application areas

Neomeris Flush panel for cooling tower

The Neomeris blowdown panel was developed for simple conductivity-controlled blowdown processes in the cooling tower area


  • Preprogrammed and electrically wired ready for operation
  • Factory pre-calibration of the conductive conductivity measurement

Buffer and calibration solutions

High-quality buffer and calibration solutions for calibrating your electrodes with special hygienic closure


  • Available in 100 ml and 500 ml bottles

Online analyzers for water treatment plants

Testomat® instruments available for more than 20 parameters; continuous development of new instruments for new maximum process reliability in water treatment.

Industry Precision in water hardness measurement

The Testomat 808 is a compact analyzer for the Online - measurement of water hardness according to the principle "limit value monitoring with color change".

Ozone generators, ozone devices, ozone measurement technology

Ozone generators for water treatment.
Electrolytic ozone generators for ultrapure water - disinfection residual ozone destructors.

UV systems for water disinfection

UV technology - DVGW / ÖVGW certified UV systems
UV systems for drinking water, ultrapure water and process water disinfection

Controls for reverse osmosis plants

The Softmaster® micro-controller series is a cost-effective alternative to process control systems for controlling various water treatment plants

Tradition and future for innovative Water treatment plants Göttingen

The water supply in Göttingen is ensured by Stadtwerke Göttingen AG, which obtains water mainly from the reservoirs in Harz. In addition, the area around Göttingen has sufficient groundwater reserves from which the rest of the demand is taken.

Stadtwerke Göttingen AG supplies over 120,000 Göttingen citizens with vital drinking water. 80 percent of it comes from the Sösetal Reservoir in the Harz Mountains (Harzwasserwerke GmbH). The remaining 20 percent comes from three groundwater plants of Stadtwerke Göttingen AG: Springmühle, Stegemühle and Weendespring which also do the treatment.

Wasseraufbereitung Wassertropfen
The exact treatment steps may include filtration, disinfection and, if necessary, the addition of chemicals to make the water suitable for human consumption, which is done strictly according to the specifications of the German Drinking Water Ordinance (TrinkwV).

Stadtwerke Göttingen AG monitors the quality of drinking water through regular inspections and tests. Chemical and microbiological analyses are carried out to ensure that the water meets the applicable quality standards of the Drinking Water Ordinance (TrinkwV) and is thus safe for consumption.

Solutions Building

Wasseraufbereitung Messtechnik individuelle Projektplanung


Wasseraufbereitung Messtechnologie Lösungen

Online Shop

Heyl Neomeris Onlineshop

Financing models

Bilanzneutrale Finanzierung von Wasseraufbereitungsanlagen

Reagent - Indicator Calculator

Wasserhärte Indikatoren Verbrauchsrechner

Repair service

Messtechnik Analysegeräte Reparaturservice

The drinking water supply in Göttingen: High quality and diversity of water sources

Drinking water supply in Göttingen: High quality and diversity of water sources

Stadtwerke Göttingen AG is responsible for supplying water to over 120,000 residents in Göttingen. About 80 percent of the drinking water for the city is drawn from the Sösetal Reservoir in the Harz Mountains, which is operated by Harzwasserwerke. The remaining 20 percent is obtained from Stadtwerke Göttingen AG’s own water extraction plants, including the Springmühle, Stegemühle and Weendespring plants.

Through an elaborate process, the resin water and the company’s own water are mixed together to achieve a particularly good quality of Göttingen’s drinking water. Experts confirm the high quality of the water. Another advantage of Göttingen’s drinking water is its softness, as the water hardness is only about seven degrees of German hardness (7°dH).

The treated drinking water is distributed through an extensive network of about 500 kilometers of water pipes in Göttingen. About 20,000 house connections supply about 25,000 cubic meters of drinking water daily, although on peak days this volume can be one and a half times as much.

The history of water supply in Göttingen includes various milestones. In 1872, the city council decided to build a water pipeline between the Reinsquelle spring and the fountains in the city center. In 1892, the first well went into operation on the Stegemühle site in Geismar. In 1932, the Springmühle in Grone was taken over by the city and developed seven years later.

Between 1948 and 1978, there were various developments to renew and expand the water supply facilities due to a water shortage. In 1978, an agreement was made with the Harzwasserwerke, and two years later, drinking water began to be drawn from the Sösetal Dam via a 40-kilometer pipeline.

In the following years, water protection zones were established around the water extraction areas, especially the Springmühle. In 1996, the state of Lower Saxony sold the Harzwasserwerke, and since then six percent of the company has belonged to the Göttingen municipal utility.

In 2001, a second hydroelectric power plant was built at the Harzwasser transfer station in Weende to cover a large part of the electricity demand for the pumps in the city area. A first power plant was already built in the early 1990s.